Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Post Storm

Well, we made it through the hurricane safe and sound!

Before the hurricane hit, I made a quick foray to the beach to check out the waves. The pictures don't begin to convey how windy it was and how choppy and chaotic the waves were.



Wilmington had minimal damage. There were some downed trees, lots of leaves everywhere, and a friend's neighbor lost 1 shingle of his roof, but overall I'd say we got off easy.

I stayed up until 3:30 Friday night (Saturday morning) waiting for the "hurricane" to hit. To me, it was just a bad storm that lasted a very long time. I kept thinking it would get a lot worse and I didn't want to be woken up by that in the middle of the night. Eventually, I convinced myself (quite wisely) that I just needed to go to bed.

We are so thankful that we weren't hit more directly or intensely, especially as we watch the coverage of the damage and devastation elsewhere.

I know it's said too often and it begins to lose meaning, but our thoughts and prayers are with those whose lives have been devastated.

No comments: