Saturday, September 3, 2011

Oof, Kindergarten!

I have a class of 21 lovely 5 year olds, but man oh man, they are worlds away from the now-second-graders I left in May. I'm having quite the reality check as I teach them how we behave at school.

It's not that they're all naughty, most of them just haven't had to learn this stuff yet.

For the most part, at the end of the day, I'm happy and exhausted. (Just don't ask be an hour before school is out!)

My new school is very different from Vanguard. There is not nearly as much structure in place for the children or the teachers, but everyone has been so kind and supportive. That is one thing I LOVE about living here: everyone is so kind!

Oh, and in the end it turns out that my kids will stay in my class all day. I'll teach them literacy in Spanish, then math, science, and social studies in English. Yay! I love teaching math, science, and social studies, so I'm thrilled!

No comments: