Sunday, September 18, 2011

If at first you don't succeed, tri tri again

So after my first triathlon last year I've tried to do 2 others.  In both cases I was thwarted by timing at the last minute.

The first was rescheduled because of a massive forest fire in Boulder.  Now, the fire wasn't anywhere near where the race was supposed to be, but the firefighters took over the reservoir  as their base camp.  When things had settled down, they rescheduled the event for a day that I couldn't go.

The second tri  that I wanted to do was the day after my last day of work in Denver.  Yeah, we ended up taking off for Wilmington a few days earlier than expected, so we were driving the U-haul while everyone swam, biked and ran.

Yesterday, I finally made it to a triathlon!

I did the Wilmington Triathlon, which actually takes place in the town of Wrightsville Beach.  Julian's fellow intern's wife does triathlons as well.  We're the same age and so in the same starting wave.  It was a lot of fun to have someone to hang out with before and after the race.  Jules was working all day.

The best part?  I met my goals for the race!
My total time:  1:43:41
My 5k run time: 27:49

No comments: