Friday, August 26, 2011

Hurricane Prep

Remember how I was awed at all the things we have in North Carolina?  Well, I'm not so excited about that anymore. 

As luck would have it, Julian is on the team that is locked into the hospital.  I guess there are 3 teams: one for before, one locked in, and one that cleans up the mess after the hurricane.  Since Jules was supposed to work nights this weekend, he's one of the lucky ones that gets locked in the hospital. 

Which means that the girl that was afraid to move to the coast because of the hurricanes is going to go through her first one by herself.  I could go to a friends house, but I'm too stubborn/ worried about the apartment.  I figure if I'm here and it starts to flood, I can carry things upstairs.  If a window breaks, well I'm not actually sure what I'll do if that happens, but I'll figure something out. 

I have half a day of work today, then it'll be time to lock myself in. 

1 comment:

Hutt-Write Voice said...

Greetings from Manitoba. Now, that it's over, I do hope you came through it OK.