Sunday, March 20, 2011

Match Day 2011



My friend Kemeni and I directly after opening our envelopes. We both got our first choices.

Here's the official add-on to the wife's initial real-time post below. I can't tell you how relieved I am after spending the last four years in pursuit of a favorable residency match. Just to reiterate - we matched at my #1 general surgery program choice - New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington, NC (we could have matched at any one of the twelve programs on my rank list). It's a small program that takes only two categorical surgery residents/yr. Beautiful location right along the NC coast. I loved my interview day there and then Amy and I were able to make a trip back there prior to making our rank list so she could get a better direct impression. It's a big move, but we are excited to start the next phase of our life together and I'm looking forward to starting my training in earnest!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Julian,

That is so great! Congrats :) I'm excited for you two!

Sarah Saunier said...

Thanks so exciting. Congratulations!