Monday, June 8, 2009

tick tock

I leave for Sierra Leone tomorrow afternoon. It doesn't quite seem real. Probably because the night before a trip I am just starting to think about what I am going to pack, and this time I'm already packed. Very, very impressive for me. I usually finish packing at 3 in the morning for my 7 o'clock flight.

I can't believe it, but I'm kinda bored. I am rereading a favorite book to pass the time while Jules studies.

I also took my first dose of Doxy this morning which got me thinking. I am so thankful that we have the access to health care that we do. I am in general not a fan of our system, but when I stopped to think that I can get Doxy at little cost from my local pharmacy to keep me from getting malaria (hopefully), I realized how wonderful that is. I actually don't know much about the health care in Sierra Leone, but I can't imagine they have the same access to drugs, doctors etc that we do.

tick tock, tick tock...

No comments: