Monday, August 18, 2008

Homesick

We went to Alamosa this weekend and I realized how much I miss it. Even though I grew up in Denver, Alamosa is definitely my home. The pace of life is so much slower there. I can't even express why I love it or what I love about it. It's just everything. Getting to see Mt. Blanca everyday. Being able to drive from one end of town to the other in 5 min. A church where we feel like we belong. Sigh

Now I'm back in the city. As if that wasn't depressing enough, in our training at school today we found out that we didn't do so great last year. Well that's putting it mildly. A lot of our kids lost ground last year. We new that would happen with our crazy curriculum, but it's still not fun to see.

My light at the end of the tunnel - Jules is applying for a scholarship which would require him to work 2 years in an under served area i.e. Alamosa.

1 year down... 6-7 years to go. Big Sigh.

No comments: